The Wheel of Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wheel of Time

The One Power and the Wheel of Time come together here at One-Power

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ALA (American Library Association)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Creator
Inn Keeper
Inn Keeper
The Creator

ALA (American Library Association) Empty
PostSubject: ALA (American Library Association)   ALA (American Library Association) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:24 am

Brian Sanderson Blog entry Posted on 06.29.08

At the request of Tor, I did a quick trip down to LA on Saturday to make an appearance at ALA. (The American Library Association's annual conference.) I didn't get to stay long, though the highlight of the experience was being on a panel with Vernor Vinge, Eric Flint, and Cory Doctorow. We each spoke for a short time on information, science fiction and fantasy, and the future of information technology. I felt totally out-classed to be speaking with such great authors. If you haven't tried Eric or Cory's books, you can find them for free on the websites I linked above. Vernor doesn't have any free downloads that I know of, but I consistently list his book A FIRE UPON THE DEEP as one of my favorite all-time novels. I highly recommend it, or anything he's written.

Despite the speed of the trip, I did manage to get a little bit of work done on the Warbreaker rewrite while sitting in my hotel room. I should be able to finish the 5.0 off this week, then post it. That's the draft where I make line/paragraph level edits at my editor's request. After that, I'll do another read through of it and draft 6.0, where I'll make more over-arching changes. After that, back to Wheel of Time.

I'm going to TRY to find time to type out my ALA speech and post it on my website. We'll see....
Back to top Go down
https://thewheeloftime.rpg-board.net

ALA (American Library Association)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wheel of Time :: News From Emond's Field :: A Memory of Light updates :: Brandon Sanderson's Blog entries-
Jump to: