The Wheel of Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wheel of Time

The One Power and the Wheel of Time come together here at One-Power

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Various Amazon Notes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Creator
Inn Keeper
Inn Keeper
The Creator

Various Amazon Notes Empty
PostSubject: Various Amazon Notes   Various Amazon Notes I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:07 pm

Brian Sanderson Blog entry Posted on 08.12.08

For fun, here are some links for you folks. First off, I've had questions about how to get foreign editions of my books. Well, I only get a few copies myself, and I'm not planning to sell them in the near future. However, there are a couple you can get via Amazon imports.

The German Elantris can be found right here. Looks like I've gotten a slew of good reviews, though I can't read any of them. Wink

The beautiful Japanese edition of Elantris can be found on Amazon Japan. It was printed in two volumes, and has three or four full page illustrations per volume. It's one of my favorites of the foreign editions, not to mention the fact that part two actually does the daring and has an illustration of Raoden on the front. Part One and Part Two. I'm not sure how exactly one buys these things; I'm sure you can, but I assume you either have to know what you're clicking or find some way to translate. (Though it looks like Amazon US has had copies of the German Elantris in stock before; I'd guess through the used merchants.)

In the more 'random' category, here is a link to a couple places that have copies of one of my books used for sale...only I have no idea what language they are in, or even if they're really one of my books. Anyone have a guess what "Z Mgy Zrodzony Br" means? It says that this is a 'Polish' book, but I thought that my Polish version of Elantris was just named...well, Elantris.

Also, in more useful news, the Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians paperback has a new cover and is ready for pre-order, though you have to kind of look to find it on Amazon.

Finally, in the 'Beyond random and into crazy" category, we've got this link--which I've posted before--in which people have had way too much fun making up random reviews for a book I never actually ended up releasing....

(Also, for those who are watching, I did just bump AMoL up by five percent to match work I did while on the road and at Worldcon.)
Back to top Go down
https://thewheeloftime.rpg-board.net

Various Amazon Notes
Page 1 of 1