The Wheel of Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wheel of Time

The One Power and the Wheel of Time come together here at One-Power

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mistborn Two Kindle! (+ Brandon's UVU Talk)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Creator
Inn Keeper
Inn Keeper
The Creator

Mistborn Two Kindle! (+ Brandon's UVU Talk) Empty
PostSubject: Mistborn Two Kindle! (+ Brandon's UVU Talk)   Mistborn Two Kindle! (+ Brandon's UVU Talk) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:12 pm

Brian Sanderson Blog entry Posted on 10.16.08

Mistborn Two Kindle! ( Brandon's UVU Talk)

Two things for you today. First off, it appears that Mistborn: The Well of Ascension is finally out for the Kindle. It looks like they released Mistborn 3 as well. That means we can prod Tor to be putting them into other formats too. I don't like the DRM nature of the Kindle edition, but I know a lot of you have been asking about this. We bugged Amazon quite a lot on it, so I hope that those of you who have Kindles and have been waiting actually go grab the books. Wink

Secondly, I'll be doing a presentation at Utah Valley University this coming Monday. Press release is below.

Copies of Hero of Ages are slowly trickling into those stores that didn't get them on Tuesday. It appears that Barnes and Noble got them in first and on shelves--but is now quickly selling out, since they didn't order enough copies in the first place. Borders and Chapters were slower getting them on shelves (particularly on the west coast) but they order more copies, so they're going to have more in the long run. Hopefully, we can get B&N to reorder! And, as always, it's good to give your local independent a call. Even if they don't have the book, they can get you a copy.

Press Release:
Science Fiction Author Brandon Sanderson to Speak
October 20, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm UVU
Library Lecture Hall (LI 120)

Brandon Sanderson, a nationally recognized science fiction and fantasy author, will read from his newest novel, Mistborn: The Final Empire and speak about the importance of genre fiction, such as science fiction and fantasy, at 1:00 pm on Monday, October 20 in the UVU Library Lecture Hall. (Note, they got that wrong. I'll be reading from MB3, not MB1. Ah, well.)

In 2005, Sanderson published his first novel, Elantris and then went on to write the Mistborn trilogy. Sanderson published a middle-grade children's book, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, in 2007 from Scholastic Press.

Tor Books announced in December 2007 that Brandon was chosen by Robert Jordan's widow to write the final novel in Jordan's bestselling Wheel of Time fantasy series. The final book, to be titled A Memory of Light, will be published in fall 2009.

In addition to his writing, Sanderson teaches a creative writing class focused on science fiction and fantasy at his alma mater, Brigham Young University. Sanderson graduated from BYU with an English degree and then went on to complete a Master's in creative writing there as well. Sanderson's visit, sponsored by the UVU Library, is free and open to the public. The UVU Bookstore will have Sanderson's books available for purchase at the event, and Sanderson will be available for questions and book signing.

Brandon lives in Provo with his wife, Emily, and their young son, Joel.
Back to top Go down
https://thewheeloftime.rpg-board.net

Mistborn Two Kindle! (+ Brandon's UVU Talk)
Page 1 of 1