The Wheel of Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wheel of Time

The One Power and the Wheel of Time come together here at One-Power

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brandon Sanderson

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Creator
Inn Keeper
Inn Keeper
The Creator

Brandon Sanderson Empty
PostSubject: Brandon Sanderson   Brandon Sanderson I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:18 pm

Brandon Sanderson 1706867Tor Books has announced that novelist Brandon Sanderson has been chosen to finish the final novel in Robert Jordan's bestselling Wheel of Time fantasy series. Robert Jordan, one of the greatest storytellers of the 20th and early 21st centuries, died September 16th after a courageous battle with the rare blood disease amyloidosis.

The new novel, A Memory of Light, will be the twelfth and final book in the beloved fantasy series which has sold over 14 million copies in North America and over 30 million copies worldwide. The last four books in the series were all #1 New York Times bestsellers, and for over a decade fans have been eagerly awaiting the final novel that would bring the epic story to its conclusion.
Harriet Popham Rigney, Jordan's beloved wife and editor, said of her decision to have Sanderson complete the last book in The Wheel of Time series: "I have chosen Brandon Sanderson to complete Robert Jordan's great work, and I am absolutely delighted that he accepted. I will of course be editing this book as I have all of the other books of The Wheel of Time."

Sanderson knows that fans are very anxious to read the last novel in The Wheel of Time series and says, "I'm both extremely excited and daunted by this opportunity. There is only one man who could have done this book the way it deserved to be written, and we lost him in September. However, I promise to do my very best to remain true to Mr. Jordan's vision and produce the book we have all been waiting to read."

Brandon Sanderson was born in December of 1975, so you can do the math on his age (he consistently forgets to update this section of the website, and so previous to this edit he'd been 28 for some three years.) He now lives in Provo Utah, as he was married on July 7th, 2006.

Brandon is the author of several works of fiction. Look for ELANTRIS or MISTBORN (and sequels) from Tor Books, and in fall of 2007, ALCATRAZ INITIATED from Scholastic Books.

Now Brandon Sanderson has signed on to complete A Memory of Light, with scheduled delivery of the manuscript in December 2008 and a planned publication date of Fall 2009. "The Wheel of Time turns and ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time?"

For more information about Robert Jordan or Brandon Sanderson, please contact Tor Publicity Director Elena Stokes at: torpublicity@tor.com

Where can I learn more about Brandon Sanderson?

Brandon runs a very active website complete with forums and a blog. He
encourages anybody to contact himn through his website and encourages
you to enjoy his free sample chapeters of his published books. Please note: if you contact him, please do not pester him with questions about the plot of A MEMORY OF LIGHT. His contract prevents him from being able to talk about that stuff.

Brandon Sanderson's official website
Dragonmount Interview with Brandon
Wotmania 2005 interview with Brandon Sanderson

Books by Brandon Sanderson

Elantris

Mistborn: The Final Empire (Book 1 of the Mistborn trilogy)

The Well of Ascension (Book 2 of of the Mistborn trilogy)

Alcatraz Versus The Evil Librarians (Young Adult novel)

Sample Chapters of Brandon's work

Mistborn: The Final Empire

Prologue

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Elantris

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Back to top Go down
https://thewheeloftime.rpg-board.net